I was pleasantly surprised to receive The Inspiring Blog award from PhotoPoetics. The interesting thing about that blog is the combination of writing and photography; I have two different blogs that cover those two interests. I have looked but cannot discover if PhotoPoetics is one person or a collective, but to no avail. Definitely worth an inspiring look!
As with other blogging awards, there are expectations/rules. I am happy to follow the rules but for those people I nominated, I think it should be entirely up to them.
1. List 7 things about yourself.
2. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
3. Let them know you nominated them for the award.
Without a doubt, people who stop by regularly know more than 7 things about me:
1. I am an irritatingly proud mother of two grown children.
2. I am a spoiled rotten wife of 29 years.
3. I am sad and lonely without my Nikon that is still weeks away from being repaired.
4. I am currently training for both a half marathon walk and a 200 km ride. Perhaps I should say, just starting, and doing so slowly. Very slowly.
5. I have a great deal of respect for the power of the hammock, especially the one in my backyard. Don’t underestimate the art of doing nothing.
6. I love singing. I do it very LOUDLY in my car. Often.
7. My life is good.
I am inspired by a large number of blogs and I have nominated some of the following before. I suggest to them and to anyone on the list that it is wonderful to be nominated, but sometimes it is hard to keep the ball rolling. Just know that I am inspired by your blogs and hope that others will click on these links and check them out as well.
1. Daily Dose of Imagery – seriously amazing photos that truly do inspire me.
2. Raising My Rainbow – parenting the way it should be done.
3. Dan Jurak’s Alberta Landscapes – beautiful, beautiful photographs of one of the most amazing places on earth.
4. Mommy Man – he makes me laughs, reminds me of “the good old days” of raising my children….he IS a SUPERDAD!
5. Julia Cameron Photography – she had me at her header photo and continues to inspire me.
6. Leanne Cole Photography – across the world from me, Leanne takes photos I only wish I could and sends me encouragement often.
7. Burnt Embers – a repeat nomination; the photos and important stories on this blog continue to amaze.
8. Marina Chetner – I don’t know why but I always refer to this blog as “quirky” – her work is wonderful and fun.
9. Peas and Cougars – I love anything that make me laugh out loud.
10. Never Contrary – inspiring thoughts, put on paper.
11. The Lantern Room – another repeat nomination; truly does “enlighten through photography”
12. Beauty of Photos – a new blog I’ve started following, based in Eastern Canada.
13. Denzil Jennings – although I have nominated Denzil in the past, his range of subjects continues to inspire.